In this short video, John Baillieul discusses the strengths of the Proceedings and why the publication is so appealing to both readers and contributors in the electrical and computer science community. It provides a rich overview that includes a historical perspective. As part of his discussion, Prof. Baillieul addresses the following questions:
- Why is the Proceedings of the IEEE a vital publication?
- How does the broad scope of the Proceedings of the IEEE keep it relevant?
- Who is the audience of the Proceedings of the IEEE?
- How does the breadth of the journal’s coverage affect the content?
- Why does he like the Proceedings in the print form?