Preparing Your Paper
Proceedings of the IEEE offers applications-oriented coverage that goes beyond the traditional boundaries typically found in other journals to provide readers with a broader technical perspective for professional growth, enrichment, and development.
Papers published in the Proceedings are usually reviews, surveys, or tutorials. The papers must offer new perspectives and insights, and should be accessible to specialists outside of the area, while still remaining citable by the core research community in the area being covered.
If the paper is unsolicited, or if a proposal has not been approved, please submit a four to six page proposal before submitting the full-length paper.
IEEE Author Digital Tools
For detailed instructions on how to prepare your paper, such as IEEE style manual, article templates, frequently asked questions, multimedia, and graphics, visit IEEE Author Digital Tools.
- Authors can use the standard Transactions template for Proceedings of the IEEE.
- Authors are encouraged to submit multimedia materials along with their Proceedings papers to enhance the information contained in the paper itself beyond the normal graphics, leading to richer content for readers.
- Authors' photographs and biographies should be included along with the paper. Biographies should not exceed 200 words.
The Proceedings is a hybrid journal, allowing either traditional manuscript submission or Open Access (author-pays OA) manuscript submission.
For information about IEEE copyright and plagiarism guidelines, visit IEEE Intellectual Property Rights.
Submitting Your Paper
- If submitting to a Special Issue, select “Special Issue Paper” under Manuscript Type, and select the Guest Editor’s name/title for that issue under Issue Entry Header.
- If submitting a regular paper, choose "Regular Paper” under Manuscript Type, and select “Proceedings of the IEEE Editorial Office: Regular Issue” under Issue Entry Header. For unsolicited papers a proposal should be submitted first.